Colorful Dino is now also available on Android... for FREE!
DEVLOG - 012
The title says it all guys...
Colorful Dino is now available on Android and distributed for FREE via Google Play!
Doing this port wasn't easy guys... I faced various difficulties such as:
- Making the game work and look Pixel Perfect on any device resolution: the required minimum is 640x360 but the game could still be playable in lower resolutions too.
- Rethinking the Input System to work in conjuction with the UI Controller Buttons used to control the Player on the device.
- Designing a lot of icons for the APK, and make screenshots in different resolutions to meet all store requirements.
- Integrate Google Play Games Services APIs...
- And a lot more...
But... YES guys... I did it!
Now, let's talk a bit about what the differences are with the Desktop version of the game.
- It is Free-To-Play, Ad-Supported and only supports 1 Player mode.
- You have to watch an Ad in case you lose the game and decide to continue.
- Includes support for Google Play Games Services for saving Scores online.
- Includes Colorful UI Controller Buttons that will change color based on your Dino's color!
- It is Paid, Ad-Free and supports 1 Player and 2 Players modes.
- Includes support for Itch API for User Authentication and DRM (Digital Rights Management) system.
- Includes support for Game Jolt Game API for saving Scores online.
There may be other differences but these are the main ones.
I really want to give everyone the opportunity to play the game!
I think that the Free-To-Play and Ad-Supported formula is a better compromise for everyone, especially in these tough times with COVID.
I did my best to put a Colorful Dino in your pocket...
If you have any issues with this specific version just let me know on Discord!
And that's it for now!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
QUICK UPDATE: Since you now have this Android version which is completely FREE, there is no reason for Colorful Dino (Demo) to exists so I just removed the installer from the Itch and Game Jolt websites. If you run the Demo version it won't work anymore and it will tell you that a New Version is available. The Demo version was a completely different project and keeping that project up to date with the latest bug fixes and features takes some time for me. As you know, I am a solo developer and I have to carefully decide where to put my efforts, so download the Mobile version on Google Play if you want to try or play the game!