A downloadable extension for Windows
Giavapps MIDI extension for GameMaker Studio and GameMaker Studio 2 (developed and produced by Luigi Piscopo) is going to bring you a full set of features for detecting and communicating with MIDI Input and MIDI Output devices!
MIDI is a technical standard that describes a protocol, digital interface and connectors and allows a wide variety of electronic musical instruments, computers and other related devices to connect and communicate with one another.
This extension includes also functionalities for creating and playing MIDI Files.
Giavapps MIDI works exclusively on Windows since it implements native Windows Multimedia API.
GameMaker 2022.2.0 and later use x64 Windows Runtime by default.
Newer versions of GameMaker will no longer support x86 architecture.
This Extension only supports x86 architecture and will not work with newer versions of GameMaker.
Giavapps MIDI 2 for GameMaker Studio 2.3 and later is here:
You can find the full documentation with screenshots and code examples at the following link:
Before you buy, we highly recommend that you try the following demo in .exe format:
- Detect and retrieve informations about connected MIDI Input and MIDI Output devices.
- MIDI Input and MIDI Output devices can be connected and disconnected without having to restart the application.
- Listen to Key Presses and Key Releases for any available MIDI Input device.
- Send custom MIDI Messages to any available MIDI Output device.
- Create MIDI files in different formats.
- Play external MIDI files.
- Includes support for MCI (Media Control Interface) commands.
- Includes support for RtMidi library.
- Well documented, well structured, faster and with a lot more features than other alternatives!
CHANGES IN V1.0.1
- Added rtmidi_* functions and GiavappsRTMIDI.dll for supporting RtMidi library.
- rtmidi_* functions have better performace, different features and different limitations but they could be ported on more operative systems in the future. Thanks to this addition you can send and receive any kind of MIDI Message (so you are not limited to 3 bytes only).
Giavapps MIDI is powered by RtMidi library so ensure that you comply with the following license:
Before purchasing ensure that you comply with our EULA.
In order to download this extension you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $29.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.