A downloadable extension for Windows and macOS
Giavapps File (developed and produced by Luigi Piscopo) provides a set of non-sandboxed and cross-platform File functions for GameMaker Studio and GameMaker Studio 2.
This Extension includes support for reading and writing Text Files and Buffers.
Giavapps File works exclusively on Windows and Mac OS X.
GameMaker 2022.2.0 and later use x64 Windows Runtime by default.
Newer versions of GameMaker will no longer support x86 architecture.
This Extension only supports x86 architecture and will not work with newer versions of GameMaker.
GIAVAPPS FILE IS NOW FREE!
Starting from version GameMaker Studio v220.127.116.116 there is an option for disabling the file system sandbox restrictions:
- Under Options > Windows / macOS / Ubuntu > General.
- Check Disable file system sandbox.
In this way, you can save/load files from anywhere not protected by the OS/other security software.
Due to these changes, Giavapps File extension is now free!
You can find the full documentation and code examples at the following link:
- Support for reading and writing Text Files with Unicode characters.
- Support for loading and saving Buffers.
- Support for Searching Files (Windows only).
- Functions for Copying, Deleting and other common File functions.
- Includes support for executing Shell Commands.
- Well documented, inexpensive, easy to use, lightweight and cross-platform.
Before purchasing ensure that you comply with our EULA.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.